Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein

About Me

My photo
My name is Lizzy, and I'm one crazy girl. I usually go with the flow, but I like to break away from it as well. I have an amazing boyfriend who I will love forever and always. I'm pregnant with my first child at an early age, we'll be waiting till September! I love to draw, and write, and learn new things. I love to laugh, and do crazy things you would never expect. I'm me, and that's all I'll ever be.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Giant Cloud Monster.


You know what? I HATE tornadoes. Hate hate hate. They scare me and I think they should go away. You know what else? My current area is under a tornado watch, so of course I'm freaking myself out. I'm not a hypochondriac, I just HATE tornadoes!
Why do I feel so strongly about these giant man eating whirlwinds? Because when I was barely 3 years old, I was out playing in the front yard. It was a great day, the sun was out, it felt amazing, and I had my binky. So of course I'm happy, content and I have no worries. My Dad was not too far away from me cutting the front lawn. All of a sudden, the lawn mower stops. I hear a scream, but that's not all. I also hear a loud, rumbling sound, that almost sounds like a train, but not quite. Before I know what hit me, I'm being slung over my father's shoulder, and when I look up, I see a gigantic, dark grey, swirling monster, that looks like it wants nothing more than to swallow me up and spit me out dead. All I remember after that is crying and screaming and getting put into the basement in a corner with a blanket while my parents scrambled around in circles...
I've always cried when storms start getting really bad. Although not so much anymore, I still feel the urge sometimes, because all I can think about is a giant swirling monster chasing after me and gulping me down its black cloudy gullet.
Not only do I have myself to worry about, but if something happens to me, then something happens to my baby. That's what I'm most afraid of. Something hitting my in the belly, or me falling or getting slammed up against something. On top of that, the love of my life, who is also my best friend, is 45 minutes away, working, in the middle of all of this, probably completely unaware of how truly worried and afraid I am for all three of us. I may be overreacting, but I don't want anyone I love being on the menu for a funnel cloud today! Clearly, I need to calm down.
And that is all for today. Because now, I have to curl up in a ball and wait for the storms to come, so they can leave.

2 comments:

  1. I found you on Nat and have enjoyed reading through your blog. You have a talent for writing, love. Keep it up!

    Side note- I was uber-paranoid during a good chunk of my 2nd pregnancy, especially regarding things that scared me before it. Like bad storms. Gotta love those hormones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (:

    And I know, tell me about it!

    ReplyDelete